Tuesday, July 29, 2014

29 Weeks!

I can't believe I still haven't gotten back to making posters... I have to get on it this week!  I haven't seen the poster paper and frame that I use - so it's time to hunt through the tubs!

I don't feel like I look super pregnant here... Must just be the angle :)

How far along:  29 weeks! 
How big is the baby: Junior is the size of a butternut squash!  I can tell he’s growing because I’m feeling his jabs and pokes more… And I’m feeling them higher up! :)
Total weight gain/loss: I think I am somewhere between 10 and 11 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.  This week at my midwife appointment, I had gained 4 pounds since my appointment 4 weeks ago.  So, based on my weight 4 weeks ago, this is about where I’d be.  I may have to stop doing this section just because my scale hasn’t been working.  We’ll see!
I actually decided I’m going to change how I do this section because my scale is so wonky.  I will be updating this every other week for the time being, based on my weigh in at my midwife’s office.  So, based on this week’s appointment, I’m 14 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.  (All along, my weight gain based on my personal scale has been 3-4 pounds less than my weight gain based on the midwife’s scale.  So, that fits well with where I thought I was this week – 10-11 pounds.  I’m just going to transition to the midwife’s numbers though so that it’s more trustworthy.  So, it makes this week’s weigh in seem high compared to the past… It’s just because of switching scales though! :) haha)
Maternity clothes: Yup… Lots of ‘em! :)
Stretch marks: I haven’t noticed any…  But I really haven’t been looking too closely for them!  I do think I’m getting the “linea nigra” though!  That was a surprise when I looked in the mirror today (Friday).
Sleep: Junior started keeping me awake more this week because he’s gotten so active/strong…  
Exercise: I wasn’t able to get to the Y this week, just because of how my schedule went… I hopefully will be back there again on Monday!
Best moment last week: My shower was so much fun and such a blessing!! :)
Movement: He’s moving all the time…  Pete felt his hiccups this week!  We also were both able to see him rolling from one side of my stomach to the other – just by watching my stomach!  Amazing
Food cravings/aversions: It was nice having so many fruit/berry options at the shower… So delicious!
Other symptoms: Heartburn, headaches, backaches, swollen feet/ankles/legs… I sound so pregnant! Haha :) I actually am currently laying with my feet elevated (Pete’s instructions) because of my swelling.  I’ve made some “lifestyle” changes to try to combat the heartburn; those do seem to be helping!  And my back support belt really feels great!
Gender: All boy!  It was so fun opening boy things at the shower!!
Labor signs:  Nada
Belly button: It has definitely gotten shallower, still an innie though!
Weddings rings: On, without a problem!
What I miss: Laying on my stomach… STILL! :) I miss feeling “normal” haha :)
What I am looking forward to: Giving Junior a name! :) Continuing to make this house more “us”… And my second shower!  It’s on Saturday!  (Actually, by the time I post this, it will have happened already :) I’ll probably do a little bonus post about my showers when I get a chance.)
Weekly Wisdom:  Take time to rest… Don’t overdo it!  Maternity support belts can be super helpful! 
And one last picture... Not my favorite one to post, but I know Pete will be happy I put it up... This is what you get when you tell me to strike a pose :) (Squinty eye and all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment