Saturday, July 5, 2014

24 Weeks!

Sorry for the late post! That's what happens when you're out of town and then come back needing to pack, clean, move, etc.!!
An iPhone picture is the best we can get this week - and it's hard to see belly, etc... Oh well! :)
These are actually the outfits from our rehearsal dinner - nearly 3 years ago! :)

And here's a side-by-side from then and now :)  
Not a great shot of us, just proof ;)
How far along:  24 weeks
How big is the baby: Junior is the size of an ear of corn!
Total weight gain/loss: I am about 4.5-5 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.  So, I gained between .5 and 1 pound this week.  I was surprised by that low of a gain after last week’s no change.  We’re going on a “mini-vacation” this weekend.  (Actually when you’re reading this, we’re back already!)  We’re going to Kansas because our friends are getting married.  I bet I’ll put weight on then; I typically do when I travel! Haha :)
Maternity clothes: I’m having a bit of a hard time finding clothes these days… I have lots of cute things that fit and work; it’s just a matter of figuring out which things fit, etc.  I pretty much need maternity pants all the time now, but a lot of mine look so big in the legs.  I think my legs got smaller than normal in the first trimester when I lost weight; so, my pants are baggier than I expected.
Stretch marks: I’m not sure if I’m getting new stretch marks or if my old ones are more noticeable…
Sleep: I’ve been so tired this week!  Working hard towards our move has contributed to this, I’m sure.  Early mornings and late nights, with lots of work throughout the day!  I find myself accidentally taking naps now!
Exercise: I went to the track on Sunday and walked.  I went to the Y with my mom on Monday and Tuesday.  I worked a longer than normal day on Wednesday and then had some errands to run, so no Y.  (In fact, I came home to work on packing, etc.  Then, I woke up when Pete got home from work!  One of those accidental naps…)
Best moment last week: PURCHASING OUR FIRST HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Movement: Junior is moving around a lot.  I’ve begun noticing patterns in when he seems to be awake; I wonder if these patterns will be the same when he is born?!  I think he’s enjoying the space he has in there.  One time this week, it felt like he was kicking/pushing off the back of me and then hitting against the front, over and over and over again!  I wish I could just peek in there and see what he’s doing!  Sometimes it feels like he’s doing somersaults or something :)
Food cravings/aversions: As I posted last week, my cheesecake craving has now been satisfied! That’s been a long one :) I still want a garbage plate, although it’s guaranteed to cause heartburn haha!  I’ve been thinking about a Krispy Kreme donut because they’re not around here anymore, but they are in Kansas… Hopefully I’ll get one this weekend! :)
I’ve been loving berries through most of the pregnancy so far… I’m having a banana berry smoothie several times a week these days.  I got some low cal raspberry swirl ice cream this week that was delicious!!
Other symptoms: I’ve been SO emotional/hormonal this week.  I don’t know what happened; I decided I must have had a hormone surge haha… Things are making me cry that NEVER would have in the past!  Poor Pete :(  I’m trying so hard to keep myself pulled together! Haha… On the long days of work/housework, etc., I’m finding my feet and ankles are swelling some by the end of the day.  Nothing significant, but I notice it.
Gender: Still a boy… And a very active one at that :)
Labor signs:  Nada
Belly button: I don’t think it’s changed?  I can’t really see it now :) It does seem like it’s maybe more shallow than it was, but it’s not coming close to flat or sticking out.                                           
Weddings rings: On, without a problem!
What I miss: I still miss sleeping on my stomach… I also miss being able to put on a pair of pants and not think about whether or not they fit (sometimes too small and sometimes too big!)
What I am looking forward to: Giving Junior a name! :) And seeing friends in Kansas!  We’re staying with Laura & Zach – Laura and I have been friends basically since I was 2!  So, needless to say, I don’t like not seeing her very often… And then we’re seeing good friends of our get married and spending some time with them.  It’ll be a fun weekend!
Weekly Wisdom:  Try to be rational in the midst of hormonal craziness… And have grace for your poor family who has to put up with it!

And here are some goofy pictures ("outtakes," if you will) from the wedding weekend!
 Pete's 24 week belly :)


No comments:

Post a Comment