Sunday, July 13, 2014

27 Weeks!

 Still no poster... I actually haven't found the poster paper in our new house yet!
That's on my to do list for this week :)

How far along:  27 weeks! 
How big is the baby: Junior is the size of a head of cauliflower!
Total weight gain/loss: I am guessing I’m about 10 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight… Not working out for a few weeks has probably caught up with me :/ Plus I seem to have “popped” again!  However, my scale has not been working right since we moved.  So, I’m not too sure of what my actual weight is right now – I’m just guessing based on a variety of readings I’ve received, etc. :)
Maternity clothes: I’m probably wearing maternity bottoms most of the time and then ½ and ½ for tops
Stretch marks: I haven’t noticed any…  But I really haven’t been looking too closely for them!
Sleep: Sleeping well in our new place… Especially now that Pete bought room darkening curtains! :) I am often getting up twice a night for the bathroom now, though! haha
Exercise: I still haven’t been back to the Y :/ My walking partner (aka my mom) was on vacation this week… She’s back now so hopefully I’ll get myself moving again!
Best moment last week: Pete getting our living room painted <3 It’s SO FUN to have a place actually look like us!  Next up is the master bedroom (which needs some work, and then paint).  After that we’ll be focusing on the nursery!! Such a fun fun time :)
Movement: Junior moves so much!  I’m getting a better idea of his awake/asleep times… One funny thing that happened this week was that a loud clap of thunder seemed to startle him!  We had been trying to get him to move around but he wasn’t budging.  Then, there was loud thunder, he JUMPED, and then wouldn’t stop moving around!  I think the poor little guy got a little surprised by such a loud noise <3
Food cravings/aversions: I had some cravings satisfied this week… Like I said, we went to Denny’s on Thursday night (so technically last week), and I got my pancakes!! 
Then I was very suddenly craving fried dough and Pete went and waited in a ridiculously long line during the fireworks to get us some!
I’ve been craving orange juice for weeks.  I usually think of it when we’re going out to eat (like to Denny’s), but the cost is so outrageous compared to buying it at the store.  I finally remembered to get some when I stopped at Tops over the weekend… I’ve been having orange juice every morning!  (Added bonus, Junior gets really interactive!)
And I finally got a donut – Tim Horton’s, not Krispy Kreme, but it still hit the spot :)
I’ve been craving a burger with avocado on it for months… I saw one on the menu at Denny’s and immediately began planning our second trip there.  Haha! Then I came home and joined their perks club.  I got a coupon for a free breakfast meal.  So, maybe we’ll actually get back there sometime so Pete can get a free meal and I can get my burger with avocado!
Other symptoms: I’ve been dealing with headaches here and there again… Not horrendous, but they’re definitely happening :/
I’ve also had a lot of increased lower back pain.  I knew to expect this, but it’s getting to be quite a nuisance!
I’m definitely getting a bit slower and a bit more waddle-y these days… I didn’t expect it *quite* so soon!  A friend (who just had a baby) asked me how I was feeling… My answer: “Pregnant!”  I just feel a bit sore, a bit tired, a bit slow, a bit heavier, etc :) It’s all a good thing, obviously!!! I had figured I’d make it to like… 30 ish weeks before that feeling kicked in!
Gender: All boy!
Labor signs:  Nada
Belly button: It has definitely gotten shallower, still an innie though!
Weddings rings: On, without a problem!
What I miss: Laying on my stomach… Like usual :)  In fact I’ve been rolling onto my stomach in my sleep and then waking up in pain or having Pete wake me up because he’s concerned :)
What I am looking forward to: Giving Junior a name! :) Continuing to make this house more “us”… And my baby showers!  They’re so close!
Weekly Wisdom:  Drink more water, stay active, yada yada :)  Also… Allow yourself times to rest!  I’m learning that it’s okay to rest

1 comment: