Monday, September 1, 2014

34 Weeks!

 My hair is a little crazy... Usually we do my pictures before church, but this one was after church (and a few other things)... Oh well :)

This dress is not maternity - I just happened to realize it would work!

How far along:  34 weeks! 6 weeks to go (or 7 or 8... ha)!
How big is the baby: Junior is the size of a cantaloupe!  Or… the weight of a bag of flour/sugar… No wonder I’m worn out! :)
Total weight gain/loss: No update from last week’s – I’ll update next week :)
Maternity clothes: Yup – and I’m noticing that some of my smaller ones are getting tight or short now… I guess that’s what happens as you near the end :)
Stretch marks: I think I’ve had a couple more coming through… I don’t really see them because they’re on the underside of my belly :) So, I can only see them when I look in the mirror haha
Sleep: I am waking up even more often to go to the bathroom and/or to readjust… I go between 2 and 3 hours before needing to get up to go to the bathroom :)
Exercise: I was able to get to the Y a couple times again this week… And I’m definitely not as fast as I used to be, but I’ve still been able to do 3 miles each time!
Best moment last week: We started childbirth classes… That is so exciting, but it makes it all feel so real!  We were discussing ways to relax during the pain of labor, etc… I can’t believe we’re at the point of making those plans!
A hamper I ordered a couple of weeks ago for the nursery came in… It’s so cute and perfect!
More progress is happening on the work in our master bedroom… I can’t wait to get in there because then we’ll be able to set up the nursery!
I also had a really productive day baking etc… That was nice!
Movement: His movement hasn’t slowed down yet… Still lots of big, painful, shocking jabs etc :)
Food cravings/aversions: I made zucchini bread, blueberry zucchini bread, and lemon zucchini bread… Those are all delicious!  I have found myself craving chocolate things a lot… Right now, though, I can’t imagine eating those things – see below
Other symptoms: I have, in general, been nauseous this week… I think it’s acid reflux related and maybe because I need to eat smaller meals (Junior is cramping my stomach!).
I woke up overnight last night (Thursday night) with what I think is a stomach bug :( So, I got very little sleep and I’m eating very bland foods and trying to drink and stay hydrated…
My migraines have calmed down this week.  The medicine from the midwife definitely helped break the cycle… And I switched allergy medicines and I think that helped, too.
Gender: He’s a boy <3
Labor signs:  Lots of Braxton hicks – I’ve just gotten used to them haha… They’re not painful, just uncomfortable/annoying I guess
Belly button: Still hanging on with an innie… Maybe I’ll make it!
Weddings rings: Still on!  My hands swell a little bit here and there, but nothing concerning.
What I miss: Right this minute? Eating regular food :)  In general? Sleeping on my stomach and sleeping through the night
What I am looking forward to: I still am most looking forward to setting up the nursery… I think when that is done, it’s going to feel SO MUCH more real that we’re about to bring a baby home… It’s still very surreal.
Weekly Wisdom:  Avoid stomach bugs… They’re not fun to add on top of a pregnancy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment