Monday, September 29, 2014

38 Weeks!

Getting big!!  Grateful for comfy dresses :)

These pics are also a sneak peek and the nursery.  
The green, in real life, is much lighter than it is looking here.  
2 walls are light green and 2 walls are light grey.

How far along:  38 weeks! 
How big is the baby: Junior is the size of a leek (I am guessing this means in length)!  This week I saw a different midwife than last week.  She seemed reluctant to estimate his size (We think because she didn’t want to scare me!).  Once we told her that last week’s midwife did, then she said she would estimate that he is about 8 pounds now.  That is right on track with last week’s estimate plus the ½ pound babies are expected to gain each week at the end.  She told me she would be fine with me having him at any time now!  Crazy…
Total weight gain/loss: As of my midwife appointment this week, I’m now up 28-29 pounds.  I’m ready for this number to stop increasing ;)  But I’m almost there!  My midwife did tell me that I’m doing well with my weight and to keep doing what I’m doing; that was really encouraging to hear after seeing a number I didn’t want to see! :)
Maternity clothes: I’m actually outgrowing some of my staples… I had to go through a bin I have of the next size up maternity clothes to find some jeans, etc. that I can wear now!
I am starting to day dream about my other clothes… I know it’ll still be a while before I can wear my pre-pregnancy jeans, etc… But I am looking forward to it!
Stretch marks: They’re still coming :( Boo! 
Sleep: I feel like I’m sleeping so much less this week… I just toss and turn, unable to get comfortable and unable to stop thinking about the tasks I need to accomplish, etc.
Exercise: I went to the Y on Monday and Thursday.  On Monday, I walked 3 miles and ended up very crampy and very sore (in my pelvis, hips, etc.).  So, after a couple recovery days, I decided to just do 2 miles on Thursday.  That went much better!  My midwife did say that it’s fine if walking causes cramps/contractions because I’m “in the safe zone” now :)
Best moment last week: Celebrating my birthday on Friday night with my parents, brothers, their wives & kids… So fun!  And Pete made delicious food :) <3
A cashier asked me when I was due and I told her 10/10.  She responded, “I was gonna say… It has to be soon! You’ve dropped!”   Haha :)
We moved into the master bedroom and Pete started working on the nursery!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
I started making nursery art, packing hospital bag, etc… Getting ready!
And, on that note, I think nesting has started… I’m not really one to feel the need to clean or accomplish those types of tasks… but that’s happening, for sure!
Movement: He is strong!  And he feels long, based on how low I feel his head but how high I feel his kicks :)  We’ll see if I’m actually right about that haha
Food cravings/aversions: I want sweets all the time right now… But maybe that’s normal for me ;)
Other symptoms: Plenty of pelvic pain still…
Gender: Boy oh boy :)
Labor signs:  Lots more Braxton Hicks – I’m getting stronger ones and I’m getting them more often… I don’t really know how much of a “labor sign” that is though :)
Belly button: It’s flat…. For sure!  And sometimes is starting to stick out
Weddings rings: During this week, it got very hard to get my rings off.  There were multiple days where I couldn’t.  So, around 37.5 weeks, I decided to go ahead and take them off :( I’m wearing a substitute ring – a big ol’ faux engagement ring that was one of my nana’s fashion rings :)
What I miss: I have started really missing my “regular” clothes!  Seriously…
What I am looking forward to: Decorating and filling the nursery, finishing those last minute tasks…
Weekly Wisdom:  Clean and work on things while you have the energy to, but give yourself necessary break times!  (For me, working on nursery art on the computer was a great break time… And folding laundry.  Both require you to sit, but you’re still accomplishing things!)

No comments:

Post a Comment