Monday, September 8, 2014

35 Weeks!

We had a wedding to go to on Saturday :)

 I don't know why I haven't worn this dress sooner... It's so comfortable and easy!

There's our big boy! :)

How far along:  35 weeks!  Oh my goodness…
How big is the baby: Junior is the size of a honeydew melon! 
Total weight gain/loss: As of my midwife appointment this week, I’m up 24 pounds.  That was a huge, unexpected jump!  It’s frustrating to see… My midwife suspects a lot of it is fluid retention.  I’m also measuring about 1 week ahead right now.  Not so fun to be about the weight I wanted to be at 40 weeks, but still having 5 weeks to go… Oh well!  Junior’s worth the weight gain I suppose :)
Maternity clothes: In this picture, nothing is maternity… But it’s probably part of the reason my belly looks so big! :) (Maybe it's the angle too! haha) In general, I have to wear maternity now!
Stretch marks: Some new ones popped up this week… I think I/Junior had a growth spurt or something because I suddenly popped out more and I suddenly got some new stretch marks…
Sleep: I’m struggling to sleep these days… (In fact, I’m writing this at 5:30am.  I’ve been up since 4 because I just couldn’t sleep…)  On the days that I don’t sleep well over night, I’m trying to take an early afternoon nap.  That way I get some extra sleep, but it *hopefully* doesn’t keep me up at night.
Exercise: I have really slowed down with life in general… I find myself so worn out (maybe partially because I’m doing more around the house… see below).  Also, my Y partner is on vacation! (Miss you, Mom :) )  So… All those excuses to say I didn’t go to the Y this week :(  I wanted to go Monday, but it was Labor Day.  Tuesdays and Wednesdays can be hard to get there because of my schedule.  So, I was determined to go Thursday.  Then I got about 3 hours of sleep overnight.  So, I napped during my Y time :)  I think that was a good toss up! Haha :)
Best moment last week: I’m working on getting a schedule set in place over this past week and the next 5 weeks… I am trying to get a system of cleaning etc.  I know it’ll be thrown in the air for a bit after Junior is born, but I feel like if I can get it established now then I’ll have something to settle back into as life finds a new normal in October/November :)
In light of that, we’ve had a super productive week!
We prepped and froze a bunch of veggies on Monday.
I’ve worked a lot this week on getting the house more settled – putting away random things that hadn’t found a spot, etc.  I’m also trying to finally get every room clean so that it’s just “maintenance” that has to happen.  This will help so much as I continue to get bigger and slower :)
We ordered a rug for our “office” area (a section of our living room haha) and one for our dining room.
AND we ordered the car seat! YAY!
Finding a GREAT deal on a swivel glider that I had crossed off my list because it was too expensive!
We also scheduled our maternity pictures and have newborn pictures in the works… SUCH a fun week!
Movement: I think Junior has continued to grow (which is a good thing!)… I can feel him pushing down into my pelvis and up into my ribs at the same time.  We’ve also watched him stretching my belly in diagonal directions :)
Food cravings/aversions: I don’t feel like there’s anything specific this week, oddly enough…
Other symptoms: I finally recovered from the stomach bug over the weekend… Somewhere between Sunday night and Monday morning.  I’m SO grateful for this!
Gender: He’s a boy <3
Labor signs:  Braxton hicks contractions have gotten a bit stronger… 
Belly button: It’s still in… Barely.  However, there were a couple times this week that Junior made it poke out from the way he was sitting/stretching.
Weddings rings: They’re on… My hands haven’t really been swelling this week.
What I miss: Sleeping through the night, again :) Also… Being able to easily shave my legs!  It’s like an Olympic event now :)
What I am looking forward to: Setting up the nursery – SOON!  As the end is approaching, it’s all starting to feel more real… I can’t believe I will have my son in my arms in just a few short weeks <3 (and now I’m crying…)
Weekly Wisdom:  Get a system in place before the baby comes!  It’s a super nice feeling having the house feel more settled  and clean, etc.!

No comments:

Post a Comment