Sunday, August 24, 2014

33 Weeks!

This shirt is actually a new non-maternity shirt... I couldn't resist it and then was pleasantly surprised to see it stretches over my belly right now :)



How far along:  33 weeks! 
How big is the baby: Junior is the size of a pineapple! (That sounds painful!)
Total weight gain/loss: 18-19 pounds, which is right where I expected to be.  My midwife had told me she wanted me to gain about 25 pounds.  If my current pace continues, I think I’ll be right around 27 pounds – so pretty close! :)
Maternity clothes: Pretty much just wearing maternity clothes exclusively now… Although I did find a few non-maternity things that I can wear still… In fact, last Sunday I wore a dress to church that I got in college – it’s funny how things just look a little different :)
Stretch marks: There’s been a spot that I have thought was just an appendectomy scar getting more noticeable, but I think I have a couple of little stretch marks around that scar.  I’m not sure if the skin is less flexible there because of the surgery/scar or what… But it’s the only spot where I have new ones.  I’m slightly disappointed because it seemed like I wasn’t going to get any.  Hopefully I won’t get too many more!!
Sleep: I’m still awake a lot… In fact, overnight on Thursday (I hit 33 weeks on Friday), I slept between 2 and 3 hours total.  Then I was up for the rest of the night… I just couldn’t get comfortable, couldn’t fall asleep, etc… So annoying!
My sleep schedule may just be off from a crazy week.  I worked a longer day than normal on Wednesday.  Then, I went with my mom to pick up my dad & brother at the airport.  Their flight was delayed.  So, I didn’t get home until around 4:30am!  I ended up sleeping in – still not getting quite enough sleep though.  Then, I napped on Thursday evening.  So, all of that may have contributed to my insomnia overnight on Thursday… Hopefully I can avoid a nap today/tonight and then I should sleep better!
Exercise: I was able to get to the Y a couple times this week.  I think, at this point, I’m starting to slow my mom down!
Best moment last week: I got a great deal on nursing tank tops!  My focus has shifted from shopping for maternity clothes to shopping for nursing-friendly clothes :)
Also, Pete painted our dining room!  It’s such a pretty shade of green :)  I love seeing our home come together! (You can see the green in these pics!)
Movement: SO much movement!  I had Pete pause a show last night just to watch what Junior was doing to my belly ha
Food cravings/aversions: I am still loving citrusy things – I had an orange tangerine smoothie this week that was just SO good!
Other symptoms: My migraines continued this week.  When I went to my appointment on Tuesday, I was on my 7th day straight of migraines :( This pattern was all too familiar :(  My midwife, thankfully, approved an occasional medicine that has been helping so much!  I’m also trying to get more on top of my seasonal allergies – that seems to be a contributing factor.
Gender: He’s a boy <3
Labor signs:  Braxton Hicks – just practicing :)
Belly button: Still in, but barely!  In fact, when I laid down last night, it looked flat!  I’m curious to see how this progresses haha…
Weddings rings: Still on!  The only time my hands seem to swell is when I’m walking.  So, I’m just learning to bend my elbows to help counteract gravity :)
What I miss: Right this minute? Sleep! Like I said, it was a short night last night!
What I am looking forward to: I so can’t wait to set up our nursery and get some baby things out.  I finally started pinning all of the components of the nursery onto a board on Pinterest, just so I could see some of it in the same place :)  (We are currently using the nursery as our bedroom while some work is done to the master bedroom.  Hopefully that will be done in a few weeks so that we can move into our room and paint the nursery, etc.!!)
Weekly Wisdom:  Sleep when you can because apparently you can start struggling to sleep before the baby is even here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment