Sunday, August 10, 2014

31 Weeks!

The picture above is in our dining room... That color is in the process of changing to a fun green color!  Woohoo :)



And here's my belly... It's hard to miss these days!! :)

How far along:  31 weeks!  7 months along!! That is just crazy…
How big is the baby: Junior is the size of a coconut!  That seems kinda small haha :)  However, he is not small… In fact, my midwife told me I’m measuring 2 weeks ahead.  She doesn’t think I’ll go early.  She just thinks I’ll have a big baby :)
Total weight gain/loss: 16-17 pounds gained.  About what I expected
Maternity clothes: Most non-maternity things are uncomfortable, too tight or short, etc… Except for yoga pants and some shirts that had been too big on me before I was pregnant :)
Stretch marks: Nothing new still!
Sleep: I awake often overnight… To go to the bathroom, to roll over, because Junior is kicking… Then I often just lay there wide awake for an hour or two :/ Preparing me for 2 months from now, I guess!  
Exercise: I was able to get to the Y a couple days this week again.  Maybe I went three times?  I’m not 100% sure.  It is leaving me a bit more tired than it used to… And I think I walk slower than I used to :) But at least I’m still walking!
Best moment last week: My mom got to see Junior move! That was fun :) (Yes, I mean see… It’s often pretty visible from the outside haha)
I also got some more baby things, which was fun!  I got storage cubes for the nursery in fun bright colors that will look super cute :) I also got the Boppy pillow with a gift card from one of his showers.  I love seeing more baby stuff coming into the house!
Movement: He’s moving quite a bit… It can keep me awake at night now – not quite as fun ;)
Food cravings/aversions: I can’t think of something specific… I have found that when I eat protein (like shredded chicken, for example), I really want more.  I’ve been struggling to eat meats, etc. throughout the pregnancy and I got sick of eggs… But lately meat is tasting good to me :) Phew!
Other symptoms: I’m tired a lot, getting worn out more easily… I’ve also started getting Braxton Hicks more often, or at least noticing them more often.  New experiences!
Gender: All boy!  I’m going to sort through his clothes with my mom this coming week, organizing them by size… that’ll be fun!
Labor signs:  Braxton Hicks – just practicing :)
Belly button: Still in… Super shallow, though!
Weddings rings: On… My hands started swelling when I walk.  I actually felt my rings be tight for the first time in months and months!  So, I need to keep my hands/arms up when I walk (like those speed walkers! Haha)
What I miss: I’m back to really missing laying on my stomach haha… Also I miss knowing something will fit me when I pull it out to wear – not needing to try everything on to find out haha
What I am looking forward to: Naming our little man, setting up his nursery… Looking through all of his adorable things again <3
Weekly Wisdom:  Listen to your body… Rest when you need to.  I find myself needing to find time to rest every day pretty much now… It’s a weird adjustment, for sure

2 comments:

  1. I love when other people can see the baby move. It's so exciting!

    And I think big babies are the best! My boys were both pretty big, and not only did I love the chunkiness, it made me feel a little less nervous with them.

    You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! I feel like he'll feel less fragile to me if he's a bit bigger :)

      Delete