Sunday, April 27, 2014

16 Weeks!

You can see a bit of the bump here :)
How far along:  16 weeks
How big is the baby: Junior is the size of an avocado!
Total weight gain/loss: I’ve lost around 6.5 pounds, so I’m pretty much right where I was last week.  So, over the whole pregnancy I’ve lost about 7 pounds and gained back about .5 a pound.
Maternity clothes: I am still doing hair ties/bella bands on my smaller pants – I’m able to button and zip the pants I was wearing before I was pregnant.  That’s crazy!  I did try on some maternity bottoms this week and realized how much more comfortable they are :)  However, most of the ones I own are too big on me right now.  I have a few that fit that I’m going to start wearing, though :)
Stretch marks: Nope!
Sleep: Still feeling tired pretty often, but not napping anymore (except maybe on the weekends! Haha)
Exercise:  My back is doing a lot better this week.  It starts to flare up after walking around 1 mile-ish.  I went to the Y on Monday and Tuesday.  The rest of the week, I was too busy to fit it in.  I did do a LONG shopping day with my mom on Thursday, which definitely was physically active – just not quite “exercise” :)
Best moment last week: I love hearing my nieces talk about the baby :) Tessa knows the baby is in my belly – that’s about all she knows :) Jocelyn and Natalie love to talk about if it’s a boy or girl and which they want it to be.  So fun!
Movement: I felt the “popping” feeling again this week.  And then one night I felt something that felt a little bit more movement like – it felt almost like something swiped at me inside of my abdomen.  Based on the baby’s size and how it felt, I think he/she must have been rolling over or something!
Food cravings/aversions: Nothing particular is standing out to me… I’ve really wanted sweets a few times this week, but I don’t feel like that’s out of the ordinary!
Other symptoms: I’ve noticed that my belly gets sore and/or I get cramps when I overdo it.  So, I’m trying to learn to take breaks/not do as much, etc.  My back still bothers me some – I’m not sure what all the deal is there, but it’s still a whole lot better than it was!
Gender: No idea! I have my suspicions, but I have no real reason to think one over the other :) On Tuesday, I’ll be scheduling the ultrasound appointment!!
Labor signs:  Nada
Belly button: As innie as can be!
Weddings rings: On!
What I miss: I don’t feel like I miss much right now…
What I am looking forward to: Our vacation… Finding out the gender…. Looking pregnant, not just chubby :)
Weekly Wisdom: I don’t feel like I have any weekly wisdom this week either… If you’re going to do a long, long shopping trip, plan breaks in there :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, we did do a little Chipotle break. Probably should have had another break...

    ReplyDelete