Sunday, May 18, 2014

17 Weeks!


17 Weeks in Mexico!! :)

How far along:  17 weeks
How big is the baby: Junior is the size of a turnip!
Total weight gain/loss: I’ve lost around 5.5 pounds, so I’ve gained about a pound since last week.  So, over the whole pregnancy I’ve lost about 7 pounds and gained back about 1.5 pounds.  I expect this to really go up this coming week because we’re going on vacation :)
Maternity clothes: I am still doing hair ties/bella bands on my smaller pants – I’m able to button and zip the pants I was wearing before I was pregnant.  That’s crazy!  I did try on some maternity bottoms this week and realized how much more comfortable they are :)  However, most of the ones I own are too big on me right now.  I have a few that fit that I’m wearing while on vacation this week, though :)
Stretch marks: Nope!
Sleep: Still feeling tired pretty often, but not napping anymore (except maybe on the weekends! Haha)
Exercise: I’ve been very busy this week! I went to the Y with my mom on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday :) I plan to walk the beach a couple of times a day while on vacation!
Best moment last week: Hearing Junior’s heartbeat again <3 And scheduling our ultrasound!!
Movement: I’ve felt a little bit more of what I think is movement.  My midwife told me it’s a little bit early to be feeling movement, but in a few weeks I’ll know for sure if what I’ve been feeling since 15 weeks is indeed the baby :) Yesterday morning I felt what I think was very distinct movement – at first I thought I was having muscle twitches in my abdomen.  As it continued, it felt more and more like little kicks.  It happen several times over a few minutes :) Such a nice surprise!
Food cravings/aversions: Just fruit and sweets… I did finally buy some Sour Patch Kids and Twizzlers to take on vacation – I’ve been wanting those for a few weeks haha :)
Other symptoms: Just more of the same – some soreness, some random nausea, but nothing bad
Gender: No idea! I have my suspicions, but I have no real reason to think one over the other :) We will be finding out next Friday at 18 weeks!!!!!!! :) :) Eeeeek!!!
Labor signs:  Nada
Belly button: As innie as can be!
Weddings rings: On!
What I miss: I don’t feel like I miss much right now…
What I am looking forward to: OUR VACATION!!!!!!!!!! We leave “today,” when I’m exactly 17 weeks (which is why this blog hasn't actually been posted until now, 19 weeks haha)
Weekly Wisdom: Ask your midwife/OBGYN questions – mine was so great about explaining the cause of my back pain, weak ankles, etc… and about giving me ideas to help while I’m traveling because that’s a lot of sitting in one position, etc.

2 comments: