Monday, January 9, 2017

Four Months!

Gabriella is 4 months old!


Weight: 13 lbs., 15 oz. This was the 47th percentile.  This is so weird to me because Gabby looks chunky and because Caleb was so much bigger than this!

Length: 25” This is the 67th percentile.  She’s just generally smaller than Caleb :) 

Head Circumference: 16.5” I don’t know what percentile this was.

Wow! She looks huge... A lot has changed in three months!

Diaper Size: She’s wearing size 1 still, but she really needs size 2 now.  We’re trying to finish off the 1s that we have.  I think soon we’ll start using 1s during the day and 2s overnight.

Clothing Size: She is wearing 3-6 months and 6 months no problem.
You can see that she filled out some more this month :)

Nicknames: She is called Gabby most often, along with variations.  I call her Gabby Girl a lot.  Pete calls her Gabby Goo.  And Caleb calls her Abby (ah-bee) :)

Health: Her cradle cap is still not looking great.  I’m trying to remember to do baby oil the morning or night before her baths, but it’s still pretty rough.

Caleb on the left and Gabby on the right.
I feel like they look less alike now!

Sleep: Gabriella has had a very hard month with sleep.  Truthfully, it’s not bad compared to how Caleb was or how other infants are.  It’s just been hard compared to how she has been.  She hasn’t been putting herself to sleep.  She’s been getting up twice a night to nurse.  Something like 1-2am and 5-6am.  At least she’s still going back to sleep after she nurses!

Diet: She’s just nursing still.  She’s been more all over the map this month in terms of number of times.  Generally 5-6 times, occasionally 4 or 7 :) 

Loves: She LOVES Caleb! He talks to her, lays on top of her, tries to sit on her, etc. and she just grins in return!
She likes smiles.  If you grin at her with the biggest open mouth, she’ll grin back just the same.
She likes to drool.  She blows spit bubbles all the time! Haha :)

She's doing that wide open mouth grin here!

Dislikes: She HATES baths right now.
She doesn’t like when Caleb bites her.  He likes to bite her hand when we’re not watching.  I have no idea why, but he bites hard enough to leave a mark and she just SCREAMS.

Milestones: She rolls over now! She doesn’t do it a lot, but I probably don’t give her enough tummy time either :/ It’s hard because I don’t have the freedom to just leave her on the floor like I did with Caleb.  Now there’s a monster toddler who will get her!
She has gotten very interactive. She “talks” back, laughs, smiles, etc… It’s a really fun stage!
She still really prefers to be sitting up, if we prop her up.
She grabs onto toys and plays with them some – bringing them to her mouth or playing with them with her other hand.
She consistently goes into Prime Time at the Y now.  She really hasn’t had a problem in there as far as I know.  Caleb used to get fussy and need to be walked, etc. 


Baby Gear Love: I feel like I’m forgetting to get out baby gear for Gabby…  I will start having her play with toys more now that she needs to be practicing rolling or sitting.  She currently likes a little book that has a handle to hold and crinkly pages.  She also likes a cat rattle that her Auntie Court made for her.  She’ll hold it by the tail and shake it back and forth :)
We still love the Fisher Price Rock & Play, the Boppy, the SwaddleMe, our swing, and the Tula
I need to get out our Bumbo and Exersaucer for her in the next month too.  I think she’ll want to start using those between 5 & 6 months.  I tried her in a Bumbo once already, but she seemed to not want to hold her head up that much yet.

Christmas Dress #1

Random Thoughts: I feel like Gabby’s look has changed a lot.  We’re also coming to see her personality more as she’s interacting with us.  She will “talk” if she’s not getting attention :) And I notice her laughing a lot as she observes things, even simple things like Caleb running around.  She also sort of pants when she's really excited... It's adorable <3
I think this difficult month has been due to a Mental Leap.  They say that this “stormy time” goes from 14-19 weeks.  So, that should be done around the new year! (It is January now and she seems to be settling back in to a more regular schedule.)

Christmas Dress #2

Mama Update:  When Gabby was exactly 4 months, I was right at the weight I was when she was 3 months.  I’m sure I gained with Christmas parties, etc. and then lost it.  So, 11 pounds to lose.  I’m sure I’ll gain again with Christmas Eve, Christmas day, leftovers, NYE, etc… But I’m planning to do no sweets for January (or at least until my niece’s birthday at the end of the month). 
I have been on medicine for my headaches for 3 weeks now.  I’ve noticed a big difference in severity.  I’m still having daily headaches, but not usually all day and not usually as bad as before.  I’m not being forced to lay down during the kids’ naps.  Instead, I can actually get something done like dishes!

Christmas was officially 2 days after she turned 4 months, 
but we'll count it here anyway :)
Gabriella did great! She slept a lot on Christmas Eve
and observed a lot of chaos on Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment