Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Two Months!

Gabriella is 2 months old!


Weight: 11 lbs., 12 oz.  That puts her at the 67th percentile.  Caleb weighed more at this age, but was actually a lower percentile… That must be because boys tend to be bigger?

Length: 22.25” This would mean she hasn’t grown since she was 2.5 weeks old, I’m not sure if that’s accurate :) That puts her at the 40th percentile.

Head Circumference: 16”

Diaper Size: She’s wearing size 1.  They fit her great!  Caleb was longer than Gabby, so he had outgrown 1s by this age!

Clothing Size: 0-3 months and 3 months.  I’ve had to pack up some of her 0-3 month 1-piece things.  3 month clothes fit her really well right now.

She's looking so much bigger and more alert.
I definitely think she's longer than last month too,
even though it didn't look that way at the doctor!

Nicknames: She is called Gabby most often, along with variations (Gabby Girl, Gabby Jane, Gabs, etc.).  Caleb calls her Abby and Baby.  She sometimes gets Lady Jane or Little Miss, as well :)

Health: Her baby acne is clearing up.  That picked up right around 3 weeks for her and just finally started clearing up.  Her cradle cap is starting to get worse now; Caleb had that pretty bad when he was little too.

Caleb filled out a lot between month 1 & 2!
They look very similar!!
He just had so much more hair than Gabby does... Poor girl

Sleep: Gabriella has continued doing a long stretch at night.  She’s really an amazing sleeper!  She goes right back to sleep after she eats overnight, too.  She sleeps really well in the rock n play or the pack n play.  She gets a little bit fussy when she’s tired.  I swaddle her, give her the binky, and lay her down awake and she’ll put herself to sleep!  This is so amazing to me :)

Diet: She’s just nursing.  She eats really well. She is pretty settled into a routine of eating 5 times a day.  I can’t believe she only eats 5 times a day… It’s all so different from Caleb!

She definitely likes to sleep on her side or belly if she's not swaddled!
I think she'll like it when she's able to roll to those positions herself

Loves: She loves snuggles!   
She likes bath time.  She is happy and calm in the bath.
She likes diaper changes!  I get sweet smiles from her then, just like her brother when he was this age.
She likes music/when people sing.

Dislikes: Just like her brother, she doesn’t like getting out of the bath :)  I’m sure she’s just cold… I hate getting out of the shower, too!
I honestly have so much trouble thinking of things she doesn’t like because she’s usually so calm.

Milestones: She is getting stronger with holding up her head, neck, and shoulders.
She turns toward noises, gives us big smiles, follows things with her eyes.  She’s your typical 2 month old!

She is so responsive!

Baby Gear Love: We still love the Fisher Price Rock & Play, the Boppy, the SwaddleMe, and our swing! 
I love our Tula Baby Carrier! I can wear Gabby in it at the Y or if we go shopping.  It’s really convenient and comfortable.

Tula in action at the circus for Caleb's birthday!

Random Thoughts: A lot of my thoughts are still the same as last month… I’m much more rested this time around, having a good sleeper.  It’s amazing the difference that makes!  And my heart just bursts watching the way Caleb loves on her and the way she puts up with craziness from him :) 

She's just such a pretty girl <3

Mama Update:  I have lost another 3 or so pounds this month.  So I’m something like 20 pounds down, 13 pounds to go.  I’m glad that I’m losing at all because I’m hardly able to go to the Y.  My non-scale victory was that I went down a pants size this month!  Now I'm only 1 size bigger than when I got pregnant with Gabby (which was the smallest I've been as an adult!).  With the holidays (and the millions of sweets that go with them) coming up and with me hardly being able to go to the Y, I’m really hoping to just not gain throughout the rest of the year.  If I lose, that’s like an added bonus!
Since at least the beginning of October (but I think it actually started during the last week of September), I’ve had daily headaches again like I did in 2012-2013.  This is really frustrating and it’s certainly limited the things I’m able to do.  I’m so eager to be active again – I, of course, want to lose the pregnancy weight… But, even more so, I just want to get in better shape and stronger!  

I’m so excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year… Caleb loves getting together with family and Gabby will be even more interactive!

This is what my life looks like a lot of the time...
Surrounded by toys and laundry,
both kids on my lap,
and my heart is more full than I can describe! <3
(Seriously, though, you should see the way Caleb climbs on me
while I'm nursing Gabby! My life is a circus!)

No comments:

Post a Comment